Cities in Uganda
Cheap Flights to Uganda with Vayama starting at $ 775
Ugandan Etiquette Tips
Traveling to Uganda? Uganda is a fairly conservative society, partially based on religion. Most Ugandans are Muslim or Christian and attend a mosque or church on a regular basis. Have respect for Ugandans and their beliefs by reading a bit about their etiquette.
1. Ugandan Dress Attire
- DO dress conservatively.
- DON'T wear shorts. They're not commonly worn in Uganda. Light pants are more suitable.
- DON'T walk around town in swim attire.
2. Ugandan Table Manners
- DO wash your hands before eating.
- DO sit on a floor mat during a meal.
- DO expect a prayer to be said before you begin eating.
- DO understand that children will only talk during a meal if asked a question.
- DON'T leave the room during a meal.
- DON'T lean on your left hand or stretch your legs during a meal.
- DO compliment the mother after the meal is done.
3. Ugandan Tipping
- DO tip about 10% in restaurants and in taxis.
4. Ugandan Body Gestures
- DON'T show public displays of affection.
5. Ugandan Greetings
- DO shake hands upon meeting someone.
6. Ugandan Socializing and Conversation
- DON'T criticize religion when conversing with a Ugandan.
Although their etiquette may seem quite different from what you are used to, Uganda welcomes visitors from all over the world. When in doubt, behave conservatively and dress conservatively, too! Have a wonderful trip to Uganda.
Why book with Vayama?
- Compare the best deals on 500+ airlines worldwide in one search
- Amazing fares to US and international destinations
- Rest assured that you will find the same itinerary for a lower price.
- Get the support you need, thanks to Vayama's Customer Care Commitment.