Practical Information about Manila
Help! You're in Manila and your phone ran out of battery. Or you're extremely thirsty and automatically drink from the nearest water fontain. What are the possibilities in Manila and what is useful to know? Check out the overview below !
- Emergency numbers: Police: 117, Ambulance: 112 or 911
- Temperature: The average temperature is 82˚F during the summer months and 80˚C during the winter months.
- Currency: Philippine peso (PHP). Major credit cards are accepted and ATMs can be found throughout the city. Banks are open on weekdays. Many places in Manila accept the US Dollar but it is best to carry Pesos when leaving the city.
- Local Time: Local time is GMT +8
- Communication: Manila's international dialing number is +63. Internet cafes can be found through Manila, and most hotels in Manila have internet access in their rooms.
- Electricity: Electrical current is 220 volts, 60Hz. Two-pin flat blade plugs are standard.
- Language: The first official language is Filipino and the second official language is English. The Spanish language is also widely spoken as well as many indigenous languages and dialects.
- Required travel documents: The rules and regulations of travel documents and visa applications change frequently. There can also be different requirements. On the website of the the visa service the required and current information is listed.
- Health: Information about the (mandatory) vaccinations change constantly. For current information please check your local health services online or consult your GP surgery.