8. Socializing and Conversation
- DO feel comfortable discussing the following: sports (particularly soccer), South Korea's economy and international achievements, the health of one's family, kites, and personal hobbies.
- DON'T discuss politics, the Korean War, socialism, communism, or personal family matters.
- DON'T confuse South Korea with other Asian countries.
- DO be modest if someone compliments you.
- DON'T be surprised if you're asked personal questions, such as your age or salary.
The etiquette list might seem a little overwhelming, but you'll catch on as you go! Just keep an open mind and be polite throughout your trip. Have a great trip to South Korea!