Cheap Flights to Czech Republic
One of the essential stops on any East European tour, the Czech Republic was one of the first countries to embrace all things Western, and when you fly to the Czech Republic with Vayama you will appreciate the change. Flights to the Czech Republic are so commonplace now that Vayama has a whole range of airlines to choose from to ensure the best possible price for you. So book your Czech Republic flights today with Vayama.
When you book your flights to the Czech Republic with Vayama you can look forward to visiting magical chateaux, exploring untouched Renaissance towns, and hiking along sandstone gorges with peculiar rock formations on either side.
Do not just huddle yourself away in Prague for the whole of your trip. Brilliant though it is, there is plenty to see and do outside the capital once you have landed from your flights to the Czech Republic. How about a visit to Karlstejn Castle or a trip to Konopiste Chateau, the hideaway of Archduke Ferdinand whose assassination sparked the beginning of the First World War?
The ancient area of Bohemia is one of the places that should be top of your list when you disembark from your Czech Republic flights. There is a mighty fortress at Terezin, the Bohemian Switzerland National Park is a feast for the eyes with timbered villages and mossy enclaves, and Loket looks like it should be on top of a chocolate box.
Moravia provides a quieter, less touristy aspect to a holiday with flights to the Czech Republic, with two of the prettiest towns in country in the shape of Telc and Olomouc. Or there is the Moravian Karst region, a plateau of limestone riddled with caverns and canyons.
If all of this sounds like you could be missing out without flights to the Czech Republic, then you are, and the only way to rectify it is to book some flights to the Czech Republic as soon as possible. Use Vayama’s services to fly to the Czech Republic with their cheap flights and excellent service, and you will not be disappointed.
Czech Etiquette Tips
In the Czech Republic, greeting people is very important. If you're at a pub and some people join your table, say hello, or "Dobrý den ", which means "Good day " in Czech. If you're in an elevator and there already people inside, say "Dobrý den". Upon entering a store, say "Dobrý den!" Before you know it, it will become second nature and you'll be saying hello to everyone, even after you go home! You will find that the people of the Czech Republic can be conservative, but they are very friendly and polite, so follow their lead and be friendly and polite in return! Below are some tips on Czech etiquette to take with you on your trip to the Czech Republic.
1. Dress Attire
- DO dress modestly and conservatively for business occasions.
- DO dress casually for sports or barbecues.
- DON'T wear shorts unless you are partaking in sports or going swimming.
2. Table Manners
- DO wish your dining partners "dobrou chut'", which is the rough equivalent of Bon Appetit.
- DO praise the food and ask for seconds, even if you're stuffed.
- DO toast with "Na zdravi!" which means "To your health!" Maintain eye contact while toasting. ("Na zdravi!" also is said when someone sneezes, like "Bless you!")
- DO tip 10%. It's not obligatory, but it's a nice thing to do if the service was good.
- DO tip using cash. Putting the tip on your credit card is considered rude.
4. Gift giving and Accepting Gifts
- DO open your gift right away.
- DO give a gift from your home country. Good gifts are alcohol, flowers, and food, but don't give even numbers of flowers and don't give chrysanthemums. Chrysanthemums are used for putting on graves.
- DO politely refuse when being offered a gift. After the person giving it to you insists that you take it, then accept. When you give a gift, the recipient will also refuse until you insist.
- DON'T spend more than fifteen to thirty U.S. dollars on a gift.
- DO write a thank you note if you want. They're not common but are likely to be appreciated anyway.
5. Beach Etiquette
- DON'T bathe nude at the beach. Although the Czech Republic is landlocked, it does have many beaches on lakes. Full nudity at beaches is legal but uncommon, unless the areas are empty.
- DO shake hands when greeting someone and again upon leaving. Greeting with a kiss on each cheek is also common, but usually only among friends.
- DO greet people when sharing a table at a pub, in elevators, inside train compartments, or upon leaving or entering a store.
7. Socializing and Conversation
- DO talk about sports, especially hockey or soccer.
- DON'T discuss politics or the former communist regime.
- DO be aware that Czechoslovakia was not party of the Soviet Union or the Russian Empire. Czechs don't appreciate when people assume that.
- DON'T assume that whoever you are conversing with has religious beliefs. The Czech Republic is largely an atheist and agnostic country and proud of that fact.
8. Visitors Etiquette
- DO take your shoes off upon entering someone's home. You will be given some form of indoor shoes to wear inside.
- DO bring a gift.
- DON'T stay too late into the evening. Leaving around 10 PM is appropriate.
9. Business Meeting
DO make appointments at least three weeks in advance.
DON'T be late. It's common for your host to be late, but you are expected to be punctual.
DO engage in small talk in the beginning, such as chatting about weather or sports.
DO be assertive during business meetings, but remain polite. Czechs can be indirect, so it's important to stay assertive. Just don't be too loud or pushy.
The people of the Czech Republic are very proud of their heritage, language, and rich history. Most of the bigger cities are used to seeing tourists, but in order to respect them and not stand out as a foreigner, remember the above guidelines. Enjoy your trip!
Why book with Vayama?
- Compare the best deals on 500+ airlines worldwide in one search* Amazing fares to US and international destinations
- Rest assured that you will find the same itinerary for a lower price.
- Get the support you need, thanks to Vayama's Customer Care Commitment.
Let the fun begin!
Booking a flight will take you minutes thanks to a comprehensive one page checkout process. Start the pre-trip fun now by finding and booking your cheap flight to Czech Republic on Vayama!