8. Socializing and Conversation
- DO be friendly and kind. Chileans don't like arrogance.
- DO be careful when discussing politics.
- DO note that most Chileans can speak and understand English.
- DON'T get upset if you're called a "gringo." Chileans tend to call all foreigners that.
Since English is so widely spoken and because Chileans are so friendly, if you are ever in doubt about what to do or how to act, just ask! Try to behave on the conservative side whenever possible, and have a safe and wonderful trip to Chile!